LOVE YOUR ZOO WEEK 25th MAY – 2nd JUNE 2019
As corporate members of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA), Greenspan are actively supporting ‘Love Your Zoo’ week and will be bringing you a variety of blog posts over the next 7 days, to highlight some of our favourite zoo projects.
This annual nationwide event promotes the important work that our clients across the Zoos and Aquariums sector do with regards to conservation, education and research.
“We are pleased to be part of BIAZA, a network of over 100 members that support more that 800 field conservation projects which contribute to over £10 million every year. Our membership helps to enhance and broaden our knowledge, understanding and involvement with other members, enabling Greenspan to provide a fuller and richer experience in design and construction for our clients visitor attractions.”
Peter Morton, Chairman of Greenspan Projects Ltd.
Creating Exciting Visitor Attractions at Zoos across the UK
As specialists in creating unique, exciting and engaging Visitor Attractions, Greenspan Projects have worked closely with a number of zoos across the UK including Marwell Zoo, Paignton Zoo, Blackpool Zoo, Whipsnade Zoo and Chessington World of Adventures.
From timber walkways to animal enclosures and bespoke play areas to adventure golf courses, the Greenspan team have vast experience of construction and use the proven methods to create some of the most interesting and heavily themed exhibits and areas for the nations favourite zoos.
We design, build, theme and decorate bespoke construction and recreational projects for any visitor attraction or client requiring a themed or tailored project. We pride ourselves in providing solutions to challenging landscapes and environments, thinking outside the box to create unique and innovative designs, guaranteed to WOW.
8 Reasons to Love Your BIAZA Zoo
The BIAZA website is a fantastic resource devoted to our UK Zoo’s and Aquariums, here is their list of 8 Reasons to love your BIAZA zoo or aquarium…
- Leisure: Nearly 30 million people visit BIAZA’s member zoos and aquariums every year – they offer a great day out for everyone.
- Education: More than 1 million people visit each year on an organised educational visit – they offer a safe and fun way to learn about animals.
- Research: BIAZA members support more than 1,400 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of biimproving animal welfare – your visit helps us learn about helping wildlife.
- Conservation: BIAZA members support more than 800 conservation projects every year.
- Funding: BIAZA members contribute more than £24 millon a year to field conservation projects.
- Economy: BIAZA members contribute over £650 million to the national economy.
- Safeguarding wildlife: By visiting BIAZA zoos and aquariums you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
- Engaging with wildlife: You can see more than 2,000 different species of animals.
How your zoo can work with Greenspan…
If you are thinking about adding new visitor attractions or re-working existing areas within your zoo, we’d love the opportunity to work with you. We provide a complete 360 degree service, from initial brainstorming, design concept visuals, model making, working drawings and planning submissions, through to groundworks and construction, landscaping, theming and prop sourcing; we have it covered.
To get the ball rolling, give our Visitor Attraction Specialist Jason Devenish, a call today on 02380 476 737